Invisalign® is a way to straighten your teeth more comfortably, without the obvious sign of braces. It helps you to be a bit stealthy about your dental treatment, this can be important for many of us. The Invisalign® system of clear, removable aligners is more visually and functionally appealing, and it significantly reduces the hassles and discomfort often associated with metal braces and retainers. Mangan Dental Group is happy to discuss the pros and cons of this procedure with you and help you come up with the best plan for your personal straightening needs.
The benefits of Invisalign® are:
- You get a custom-designed set of clear teeth aligners
- The aligners are virtually invisible
- The aligners are removable
- There is a reduced need for orthodontic visits because of faulty brackets
- There is less maintenance required when compared to metal braces
- There is greater comfort during the teeth-straightening process
- Optimal results are generally achieved in less time than it takes for other procedures
The Invisalign® treatment process involves a precise impression of your teeth, which will be used to design your aligners! Then you will receive a series of aligners, each will be worn for about two weeks. Once this process has been completed you will then discard those aligners and place the next series on your teeth into a more desirable position. The entire process typically takes about 9 to 15 months to achieve optimal results. Your dentist will discuss the procedure and help you decide what is the best option for you.
The lnvisalign® Treatment Process